A number of my girlfriends have begun a new Thanksgiving tradition over the previous couple of decades. Every year following the guests have goneall clean up is completed, and also the Thanksgiving leftovers put off, once their children and husbands have gone to bedthey all meet in a central place, grow to a minivan and make their annual pilgrimage. At midnight they combine hundreds of other loyal shoppers in the outlet mall to make the most of their Black Friday sales.
Every year they encourage me to go together. Every year I say”no.” Do not get me wrong, I really like a great sale and it seems like all. Scoring dirt cheap electronics and children’s clothes for as little as 99 cents sounds just like a fantasy. Standing out from the chilly past my bedtime and combating several hundred additional folks to score stated dirt cheap merchandise doesn’t. I prefer to devote Black Friday at home in the heat of the bed. If I want to score a Black Friday offer or 2, I could do this with only a couple of clicks of the mouse when I am completely alert.
However, hearing their stories is very intriguing to me personally and it sounds like so much pleasure. So this season I have opted to do something different. No, I am still not going into the Black Friday sales. Rather I am planning a Black Friday after party at my home. Normally by the end of the shopping experience my friends stop in a nearby diner for breakfast before going home. However, this year that the breakfast stop will probably be at my residence.
As my buddies will have been up all night, the objective is to maintain the menu as straightforward as possible. Simplicity permits them to come calm and join around a fantastic meal in a comfortable setting with friends. And since a Black Friday non-participant it permits me to share in their experience in certain way without really visiting the shops.
Among the simplest main courses to get ready for this kind of occasion is breakfast casserole. The breakfast casserole recipe I am using could be assembled the night before and baked in the morning so it’s sexy and ready at the time my exhausted buddies arrive, and they can still make it home in a timely fashion should they choose. My hash brown casserole was a winner through the past few years in many different functions and is extremely simple to make. It’s also a superb dish to get a Christmas breakfast. Here is the way to make it.
1 (32) ounce bundle of hash browns
2 tbsp of cooking oil
1 1/2-2 Pounds of ground skillet (I use turkey sausage)
1 small onion chopped
1 small bell pepper sliced
10 large eggs
1 cup of milk (I use 1%)
1 8 oz package of low fat cream cheese
1/4 tsp of ground dry mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups of shredded cheese (I use 2% cheddar)
1. In a medium mixing bowl thoroughly combine the hash browns with a single tablespoon of cooking oil (this is sometimes achieved by hand)
2. Coat a 9X13 inch baking soda with cooking spray
3. Press the hash browns evenly across the face of skillet about the depth of a pie crust.
4. Put the hash brown crust from the oven under the broiler for approximately 5 minutes or till it begins to brown
5. Remove the pan from the oven and set aside
6. In a medium skillet sauté the chopped onion and bell pepper medium high in a tbsp of oil until the onion becomes translucent
7. Add the sausage to the identical pan and cook till it’s no more pink
8. Remove the pan from the stove and place aside.
9. Set the eggs milk, cream cheese and spices in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth
10. Distribute the sausage, onion, and green pepper mix evenly onto the hash brown crust
11. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage mix
12. Spread the cheddar cheese on top of the casserole, cover with foil and refrigerate overnight
13. In the morning bake the casserole uncovered at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or till the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
14. Let it set for approximately 10-15 minutes before serving.
Want to read more article : NEW AND SPICY BLUEBERRY MUFFINS FOR YOUR EASTER BRUNCH